Info on pheromones req

Per Staurup staurup at melbourne.DIALix.oz.au
Sat Jan 28 09:54:55 EST 1995

 I'm currently performing a series of experiments based on secondary school leve
l work for the International Baccaleaurate in chemistry on the makeup of semioch
emicals, in particular pheromones from insects based in south-eastern Australia.

 I would appreciate greatly if anyone can provide me with information on current
 research into pheromones and other semiochemicals for various uses particularly
 in the field of pesticides that may be of interest.  The level of complexity do
esn't matter - I'll sift through the possibilities and decide on appropriate are
as.  I'm running out of places to look and this seemed to be the ideal place to
acquire more information and I know that there are some very willing and experie
nced people on the net.
 Also needed are any databases available in the Pacific Rim area on this topic w
hich would also be greatly appreciated.

 I would especially appreciate any information on Australian projects currently
underway as well as other newsgroups that cater for such research internationall
y, regionally or nationally.

 Thank for your interest into fostering the interests of possible future scienti
sts and researchers in this potentially vast area of pest control and agricultur
e.

P. Staurup