bacterial resistance to antibiotics

ctfaulkn at ctfaulkn at
Tue Jan 31 12:19:10 EST 1995

In Article <maga-310195164212 at>
maga at (Giovanni Maga) writes:
>In article <011617b.1.2F26AD3B at>, 011617b at
>(JANE BAILEY) wrote:
>> I am writing a paper of the implications of bacterial resistance to
>> antibiotics.   I have only just switched to being a biology major and so would
>> greatly appreciate it if anyone could send me some information on this
>> subject.

	Try a Medline search on antibiotic resistant tuberculosis. You may want
to consider the relationship of poor patient compliance with physicians
prescriptions as a factor which contributes to selction for antibiotic
resistant bacterial strains.  Also the idea that antibiotic residues in
animal products lead to reduced efficacy against bacterial agents infecting
humans. Good luck!!

*      Charles T. Faulkner       *   When you don't know where you're
*  Univ of Tennessee, Knoxville  *   going any road will take you there.
*   (ctfaulkn at     *                            Alice