fireflies

James Mahaffy mahaffy at dordt.edu
Mon Jul 3 10:47:15 EST 1995

Mark Tetreault (tetreaul at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA) wrote:
: Dear bionet -

: Could you please send us some info on fireflies? My young daughter
: loves them, and is very curious as to where they go in the daytime,
: are  "glow worms" firefly larvae, when and where can they be found,etc.
: We live in Toronto, Ontario and there are fireflies around in the
: summertime in rural areas.
: The reason I am doing this via the internet is to help show her ways
: of using the computer.
: Any information, or internet resources you could provide
would be appreciated.

: Thank you,

: Leslie Knowles and daughter Lucille

--
:
Dear Lucille,

	My 4 year old son (then) had a similar question and I got a number
of nice and helpful replies.  I am posting one after my signature.  Your
Mom can probably get some of these books from the library.  I am posting
this back to the list, in case other boys and girls have a similar
question.  I did remove the e-mail address of Gerry so he doesn't get
too much mail.

	Hope you have fun.  If you don't get much response tell your Mom to
try one of the entomolgy lists.  I have a friend at Ames, John Van Dyk,
that can help us if needed.

James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy at dordt.edu
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250

This is the post: