Postdoctoral position available

M-F. Carlier carlier at pegase.enzy.cnrs-gif.fr
Mon Jul 10 05:58:24 EST 1995

        A senior scientist or postdoctoral position is available for one
year starting january 1996 to work in the field of cytoskeleton dynamics at
C.N.R.S.,Gif-sur-Yvette (15 miles from Paris), France.
  The main interests of this laboratory are the mechanisms of tubulin and
actin polymerization. Recently, we have been particularly involved in the
regulation of actin assembly in response to cell signaling and have
examined the role of profilin, thymosin beta-4 and capping proteins in
these processes (Cell, 1993, 75, 1007-1014; Seminars in cell biology, 1994,
5, 183-191). We currently use the movement of Listeria monocytogenes and of
IcsA-expressing non-pathogenic E.Coli in Xenopus egg extracts as model
systems to approach the mechanism of actin-based motility. Other in vitro
approaches are currently underway to understand the molecular basis of
local actin and tubulin assembly in cells.
  Interested candidates with a background in either physical chemistry,
biochemistry, molecular or cell biology should send a C.V. and letters of
recommendation to Marie-France Carlier, Laboratoire d' Enzymologie,
C.N.R.S., 91198 Gif-sur-Yvette, France
FAX: (33 1) 69 82 34 65

Marie-France Carlier
Laboratoire d'Enzymologie
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique.
91198 Gif sur Yvette, France.

E-mail: carlier at pegase.enzy.cnrs-gif.fr