Lab Certification - Summary

M anon1167 at nyx10.cs.du.edu
Sat Jul 15 17:16:36 EST 1995

In article <gregoryh-0607951350540001 at 128.249.14.251>,
Gregory R. Harriman <gregoryh at bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:

>having our universities, medical schools and other institutions do a
>better job of teaching students what is proper behavior and what is not.
>Faculty and scientists need to teach by example.  The changes need to come
>at the local level not at the federal level.

Hm, I think most people know that research fraud is not acceptable
behavior.  Maybe we need to restructure the pay-off for fraud.
Considering the number of people vying for jobs, grant funding, etc., the
incentive to fudge research results "just this once" is just too high.