EBI downtime

RJ White rjwhite at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 17 05:41:13 EST 1995

EBI services will be unavailable during :

        Saturday July 22    8am -> ~  2pm GMT   (9 - 3 BST)

to move our servers to our new building.  It should take at least a half day.

During this time, if you have sent us requests by e-mail services and
don't get a reply as soon as you expect, please don't resubmit it.  If
it reached our systems before the shutdown, it will be queued. If it's
submitted when we are down, your own system should queue the e-mail
until your mailer retries later and notices us up again.

If you are wondering about a previous notice where I stated that we would
be down on the 8th and 15th, and noticed we weren't - it is because our
new building wasn't ready then as hoped for, and the other planned power
shutdown wasn't needed since we had an earlier unplanned power loss which
we took advantage of.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
	-rj