WANTED: biologists' opinions on Internet information sources

Mark Palmer M.E.Palmer at Sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 07:28:52 EST 1995

APOLOGIES TO ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY SEEN THIS MESSAGE IN ANOTHER NEWSGROUP

I am a biology graduate now doing an MSc in Information Management at
the University of Sheffield, England, and am doing my dissertation on the
evaluation of biological information resources on the Internet, i.e.
finding out what's there and how useful it is to researchers. I would be
very grateful if any biological researchers could e-mail me with replies
to the following questions. All responses will be kept anonymous.

1. Do you find any Internet information resources useful for your research?

2. If there are any sources that you find particularly useful, please
could you name them and, if possible, give their addresses.

3. What in your experience are the main (a) advantages and (b) disadvant-
ages of Internet information sources?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mark Palmer
M.E.Palmer at Sheffield.ac.uk