CALL FOR DISCUSSION: PSEUDOMONADS/bionet.organisms.pseudomonas

Brian Hoyle brianh at gov.nb.ca
Wed Jul 26 09:04:29 EST 1995

In article <3v41i4$1j6 at net.bio.net> BIOSCI Administrator <biosci-help at net.bio.net> writes:
>From: BIOSCI Administrator <biosci-help at net.bio.net>
>Newsgroups: bionet.general
>Subject: CALL FOR DISCUSSION: PSEUDOMONADS/bionet.organisms.pseudomonas
>Date: 25 Jul 1995 17:17:08 -0700
>Sender: biohelp at net.bio.net

>We have received a proposal below for a new newsgroup,

>PSEUDOMONADS/bionet.organisms.pseudomonas

I wonder if information on specific bacteria or related bacteria could be
posted to bionet.microbiology. Recognizing that those interested in a specific
topic may not want to wade through other, "useless" information, I am leery of
forming ultra specific newsgroups. As someone intested in coliform bacteria
and pseudomonads, I find the bionet.micro newsgroup a useful place to pick up
information. Our discipline needs more interaction from those involved in
different aspects of microbiology, not fragmentation of knowledge. That's my
$0.02 worth.