CALL FOR DISCUSSION: PSEUDOMONADS/bionet.organisms.pseudomonas

David Kristofferson kristoff at
Wed Jul 26 15:05:50 EST 1995

In article <brianh.50.00091369 at>,
Brian Hoyle <brianh at> wrote:
>I wonder if information on specific bacteria or related bacteria could be
>posted to bionet.microbiology. Recognizing that those interested in a specific
>topic may not want to wade through other, "useless" information, I am leery of
>forming ultra specific newsgroups. As someone intested in coliform bacteria
>and pseudomonads, I find the bionet.micro newsgroup a useful place to pick up
>information. Our discipline needs more interaction from those involved in
>different aspects of microbiology, not fragmentation of knowledge. That's my
>$0.02 worth.

I'll let the proposer comment on the above, although I am sympathetic
to your point.  If there are enough people to utilize such a group,
then it would be justified.  That's what we'll hopefully find out with
the vote.

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at