Help Please!!!!

Margaret Novack novackm at NEVADA.EDU
Mon Jul 31 18:56:54 EST 1995

Blood viscosity is normally about 3 times that of water, except in
vessels less than 1.5 mm (due to the Fahraeus Lindqvist effect, in which
the rbc's line up to get thru the vessel).  Viscosity of course changes
with hematocrit, in polycythemia viscosity can be as great as 10 times
that of water.

As far as velocities are concerned.  The only numbers I have are 33
cm/sec in the aorta and 0.3 mm/sec in capillaries, 3 mm/sec in venules
and 2 cm/sec in arterioles.

Hope this helps.