Seeking info on plague theory

Sat Jun 3 10:24:17 EST 1995

If what you are looking for is related
to "Gaia Theory" (the idea that the whole Earth's
biosphere is a single feedback-regulated
superorganism), the introductory reading
is the work of James Lovelock, the initiator of
this theory (or rather a modern version of it).

To give you an easy entry ref:

Lynn Margulis "Gaia in Science", Science,
vol. 259, 5 February 1993,  p. 745.
(it has several more references)

Alex Berezin