Ebola

Chris Wagner wagnerc at ucunix.san.uc.edu
Sun Jun 4 23:53:52 EST 1995

I'm looking for info on what Ebola does and how it works.  What causes
ebola to be so virulent?  Has there been any research on its mechanism?
What are the steps in its progression, like on the cellular level.
What are the latest thoughts on its carriers and hosts in the rain forest.

Does anybody think there's any mutation possibilities, like in Outbreak?
That would suck.  How stable does the protein structure seem. What are
the prospects for vaccines and anti-serums, with or without finding the
hosts in Africa.

This is for my pre-med student friend.  :-)

P.S.  Need DNA mapping for human vs. chimp.(pictures+discusions)

-Cool