mRNA/cDNA sequence sites?

rmoldwin at midway.uchicago.edu rmoldwin at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 7 13:33:23 EST 1995

In article <3r4ous$76d at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, don at meibm25.cen.uiuc.edu (Don A.
Walthers) writes:

>i'm trying to find a site that stores sequences without any spaces between
>a certain number of nucleotides. when i search the owl database at
>www.gbd.org and pick the appropriate match any sequences available have
>spaces inserted every 10 NT for easier reading. i'd like to use a text
>editor to search for restriction sites and other various sequences
>but the spaces would interfere. thanks for any info
>
>--
>|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>|Don Walthers  | don at uiuc.edu  | University of Illinois at UC - Microbiology |
>|http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~don/ | Engineering Workstations - Site Operator    |
>|____________________________________________________________________________|

Hi Don:
     I wrote a small visual basic program to strip out spaces and numbers from
GenBank and similar files.  If you want, I can E-mail you a copy (that is if
you use Window.)

--Rich

Richard Moldwin, M.D., Ph.D.
Section of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
University of Chicago Hospitals
Wyler Room C408,   MC 4060
5841 S. Maryland Ave., M/C 4060
Chicago, IL  60637