ATCC ADDRESS ???

Keith Robison robison at lipid.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 13 22:58:05 EST 1995

BART FRANK (frank at omrf) wrote:
: Can someone post the e-mail address for atcc? I have tried
: using mosaic, gopher, lynx, and netscape with the address
: they list in their newsletter
:   http://www.atcc.org/
: and variations on this address without luck. I keep getting
: a DNS error message.

Here's what the Harvard nameserver has to say

	Non-authoritative answer:
	Name:    culture.atcc.org
	Address:  156.40.144.248
	Aliases:  www.atcc.org

You might try using just the IP number to get to their
web page, though if the DNS isn't working you may not
be able to follow hyperlinks within the site
(it depends on how they are written).

Not that I'd know how to go about it, but you should try to
bug the powers-that-be (perhaps starting with the sysadmin)
to get this in your nameserver, since it is such an important
resource (DNS is so great _when_ it works).

Good luck!

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI