Call for Cool Stories in Cell Biology

Richard Cyr RJC8 at psuvm.psu.edu
Fri Jun 30 11:38:53 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues,

I am in the process of developing a new cell biology course entitled "Evolution
and Diversity of the Eukaryotic Cell".  The basic goal of this course is to give
students an appreciation (and hopefully an understanding) of how evolution has
"tinkered" with basic eukaryotic structures and pathways to suit the various
eukaryotic lifestyles.  With 42 lectures there is no way I can (or would I
desire) to be comprehensive, rather, I would like to use the most fascinating
examples to breath life into the course theme.  Do you know of a "cool" story
that fits into this category? If so, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  I don't
necessarily need a lengthy response-only a citation.  When I finish the course
I'll be sure and repay the favor by providing the syllabus, lecture outlines,
and relevant citations to all interested individuals.
Thanks for your help.
Richard Cyr
RJC8 at PSU.EDU
??