BIOSCI U.S. MOVE PROGRESS REPORT

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Fri Jun 30 20:29:54 EST 1995

To bring you up to date on where things stand after the move of the
U.S. BIOSCI computer:

The network problems have been resolved and the connection is reliable
now.  The NIC has not updated their whois record on our machine but we
expect this to happen soon.  Our new IP number once again is
204.31.212.2 for net.bio.net in case anyone still has trouble reaching
us.

The hardware issue is another story though.  Our multi-processor
Solbourne started acting up a week and a half before the move, and
despite numerous board swapping attempts, insertion of diagnostic
hardware, etc., we continued to have system crashes on a daily basis.
The service people have now backed the machine off to running a single
processor (normally we have three) and have removed one of the memory
boards.  This means, of course, that everything is running a lot
slower than usual here and will continue to do so through the 4th of
July weekend.  Hopefully we will be back up to full operation by the
end of next week.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager