CLIMATOLOGY OF THE WORLD

cif at eucmvx.sim.ucm.es cif at eucmvx.sim.ucm.es
Thu Mar 2 13:04:26 EST 1995

            *   FROM THE PHYTOSOCIOLOGICAL RESEARCH CENTER     *
            *                 (SPAIN-MADRID)                   *
            *          E-MAIL: CIF at EUCMVX.SIM.UCM.ES           *
            *    (Complutense University of Madrid)            *
            * Telephone number :  (91) 8511529 (Madrid)        *
            * Fax number       :  (91) 8511873 (Madrid)        *
            * Modem number     :  (91) 8511776 (Madrid)        *
            * Main Investigator: Prof. Salvador Rivas-Mart¡nez *
            * Number of University Departments : 10            *
            *    (From 10 spanish differents Universitys)      *

*  We are researching in an automatic classification of the worldwide     *
*  Climate (BIOCLIMATOLOGY), since the last five years. That is why we    *
*  are very interested in founding new relationships through Internet,    *
*  mainly to  exchange   knowledges, experiences and facts, and certainly *
*  also to  get new climatological facts for our Computing Program.       *
                                                                          *
*  We should need facts of temperature and shower from meteorological     *
*  stations of the world. (We already have about 2.000 in our Program,    *
*  and other 5.000 that should be also near to be introduced.)            *
*  That facts should be climate facts (not weather facts), that mins that *
*  they  must regard a long period  observation (for instance between 5   *
*  and 50  years) and must be classified by months.We would send a        *
*  detail information about those facts, some examples about our fact     *
*  cards, and a general information about our program.                    *
*  As our Computing Program is actually advanced (under MSDOS,BASIC,etc), *
*  and it's working at about 99% of success (as well as it is currently   *
*  research), we also wonder to have or to achieve one of the most        *
*  important data bases of Bioclimatology in the World. That's why we are *
*  also intereted in connecting a Host to Internet, and for this proposal *
*  we should look for private financing. Note that our program could be   *
*  easily implemented for educational purposes just symplying its key     *
*  words.                                                                 *
*  We actually ask you :                                                  *
*  1.- If you wish to obtain more information about our researches        *
*  2.- If you have such climatological facts                              *
*  3.- If you know where we could find them specially in Internet         *
*  4.- If you know or you are one of those sponsor we are searching       *
*  For more detail information about our Program and its scientific keys  *
*  or  any answer for our questions please send to the same               *
*  address above-mentioned : cif at eucmvx.sim.ucm.es (Spain-Madrid)         *
*  Please email also suggestions and questions to the same address        *

         Thank you very much,

         M. Salvador Rivas Saenz
         Secretary