Univ. charging $100/mo./person for mainframe access

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Fri Mar 3 16:45:54 EST 1995

around here, if you want an account on the university-wide Vax system, you
pay (or rather, your dept. pays) $50/month.  however, if all that you want
is net access (from which you can get to just about anything at that
particular site), you get access directly through the dept.  the university
doesn't charge individual departments for latching onto the backbone.

so, IMHO, the cost may be a little high for your mainframe access, it's not
the only university who charges for it.  take a look and see if you really
need access to all the stuff on the mainframe and if not, just use the 'net
for the things you need.

good luck,

eric

the rate of default on car loans in the U.S. is 3%.              *
the rate of default on child support payments in the U.S. is 39%.*
apparently we love our cars more than we love our children.      *
                              - Congresssional Women's Caucus    *
eric c. anderson
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110