Colony management software?

Richard B. Shepard rshepard at teleport.com
Thu Mar 9 15:18:42 EST 1995

On 6 Mar 1995 22:22:29 GMT,
john blue  <jlblue at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am trying to find software that will assist in the management of
>mice colonies. The software package or packages needs to be able to
>handle logistical information on groups of mice, breeding, genetic
>linkage, daily activities, etc.
>
>It would be nice if this software could be configured to run on
>portable machines so data collection would be less paper
>oriented. Also, the incorporation of bar-codes for data entry would be
>nice.
>
>Any leads would be appreciated,
>John Blue

John,

  I don't know of any offhand, but I do know there are apps available for
use by kennels, horse breeders, etc.  Many (most?) are shareware.  Try the
large shareware distributors.

  BTW, how to you get the barcodes on the mice?  <g>

Rich

Richard B Shepard, Ph.D., President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  USA
+ (503) 667-4517 (voice)/+ (503) 667-8863 (fax)