Writer seeking help with novel

Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff syntax at oro.net
Sun Mar 12 15:33:42 EST 1995

Hello,

I'm an SF writer researching a new project and have posted in several places seeking information on a drug that might be used
to keep sinus tissue from drying out.  The folk on the allergy NG told me that as far as they knew there were no drugs that did
this.  What I'm now wondering is this: if I were to "invent" such a drug for my story, what type of chemical make up might it
have?

If I have to make it up out of whole cloth, I will, but I would at least like to get the name right.  Can anyone explain the naming
conventions for prescription drugs?  If pharmaceutical companies name their offerings after the CEO's favorite race horse, that's
great, but I'd like to know so I don't make some really idiotic mistake.

Any help appreciated.

| Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff   syntax at oro.net  |
|"Nothing have I seen but that I perceived |
| God within it, God before it, or God     |
| after it." -- The Imam Husayn            |