Cranial Nerves

walt dennig wrdennig at CRUZIO.COM
Sun Mar 12 23:43:26 EST 1995

>On Fri, 10 Mar 1995, Weazer and/or Nivek wrote:
>

>> Can any of you smart dudes out there tell me how many Cranial
>> Nerves there are in the human body?????>
>>
>There are 12 cranial nerves in the human (actually twelve pairs of
>cranial nerves). Olfactory; optic; oculomotor; trochlear; trigeminal;
>abducent; facial; acoustic; glossopharyngeal; vagus; accessory; and
>hypoglossal.
>
>Les Gartner
>lgartner at umabnet.ab.umd.edu

I remember the mnemonic device: On Old Olympus Towering Tops, A Finn And
German Viewed Some Hops.

The word *Some* has me stumped.  Was the accessory nerve ever named
something else?  Or have I got the mnemonic device wrong?

Not a terribly serious question . . . but it's play time.
Walt Dennig                  Voice 408-426-6141
P.O. Box 578                 FAX 408-457-2104
Santa Cruz CA 95061-0578     wrdennig at cruzio.com
USA