Mitochondrial DNA clean-UP

C.S.Wilding osp086 at clss1.bangor.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 04:18:19 EST 1995

MtDNA is really just like any other DNA and quite like a plasmid (circular)
so can be treated with plasmid clean up kits once extracted. There was an
article in Promega Notes(43 I think but can check if needed) where Promegas
wizard preps were used to clean mtDNA from I think, mice. Anyway just apply
whatever clean up kit you use for other things and it should work.
Good luck,
Craig.
     * 	CRAIG WILDING,		      E-mail: OSP086 at SOS.BANGOR.AC.UK *
     *	SCHOOL OF OCEAN SCIENCES,     Phone:  (0)248 351151 ext.2899  *
     *	UNIVERSITY OF WALES (BANGOR), Fax:    (0)248 716367  	      *
     *	MENAI BRIDGE, 	           				      *
     *	GWYNEDD, LL59 5EY,					      *
     *	WALES, U.K.						      *