diameter of human hair?

Sun Mar 26 07:36:20 EST 1995

Dear Bartosz:

Human hair varies immensely in diameter. Why don't you just measure the
hairs you've got? Try a vernier caliper (available at any machine shop or
their supplier) or a compound microscope with an eypiece reticle and a
stage micrometer. Alternately, count a bunch of hairs, squish them
together neatly between two microscope slides, and measure the width of
the lot of them. Then divide by the number. Do physics, not literature
searches. -Dick Gordon, U. Manitoba[Mar26,95]
ps: Since you came in on bionet, I'll assume you are interested in
biology per se, and am sending you my "Physicist to biologist: a first
order trasition"