gel documentation - computer

Eric Björkvall orca at
Tue Mar 28 01:57:59 EST 1995

In article <cupton.1146117479B at>, cupton at ( Chris
Upton) wrote:

> Hi,
>    I'd like to "talk" to someone who has put together
> a Mac system for taking video images of DNA gels and
> printing them on a video printer or 600 dpi printer.
> The BioRad system is (Can) $12,000 (without the computer or printer),
> I'm sure I must be able to beat that.
> So, if you're happy with your system and can spare a few minutes, Email me
>  with your phone # and I'll call you back!

I'm developing a small program for interpretation of pictures taken of agarose
gels with a CCD-camera, but the program you need might be something like
NIH Image. It is a very powerful freeware program and it is avaible from
anonymous ftp site:, path: pub/nih-image, complete with
source code   ( Pascal )

Eric Bjorkvall
orca at