blood checking

C Webster mphcw at
Wed Mar 29 09:19:01 EST 1995

On a futuristic note, there are probes being devloped that shine infra - red
light through the skin and analyse the resulting spectrum for the analyte of
choice. I believe something similar has already been done for glucose. I would
be intrested if any one has any more information on this technique.

Mr Craig Webster, Department of Chemical Pathology and Immunology
The Old Medical School, Thoresby Place, Leeds, LS2 9JT
Tel:- 0113 2 923285              email (work):- c.webster at
Fax:- 0113 2 335672                    (home):- cwebster at