Scientific Censorship and Evolution

Richard Milton richard at milton.win-uk.net
Sun Mar 26 12:31:32 EST 1995

In article <maga-040495095812 at 130.60.120.10>, Giovanni Maga (maga at vetbio.unizh.ch) writes:
>In article <D6GHnI.JF7 at jura.sasa.gov.uk>, odonnell at sasa.gov.uk (Kevin
>O'Donnell) wrote:
>
>> In article <322 at milton.win-uk.net>, richard at milton.win-uk.net (Richard
>> Milton) says:
>>
>> >Viruses resembling _Pedomicrobium_ and influenza  were
>> >identified by Hans Dieter Pflug in a meteorite in 1981 (see
>> >"The Facts of Life" page 239 for further details).
>> >

>> This sounds very interesting. Do you have a reference from a
>> peer-reviewed journal for this discovery?
>>
>> Kevin O'Donnell
>> Scottish Agricultural Science Agency
>> Edinburgh
>> Scotland
>
>Dear Richard,
>1) Which kind of virus is called Pedomicrobium? (It's a serious question, I
>do not know. The part *microbium* seems to indicate that this is a very old
>name for a virus, coming from the age when it was not clear the diff.
>between microbes and viruses, so there should be a modern name also).
>2) Don't you think that the enviromental conditions that can be found on a
>meteorite (beside the heating occurred during its passage through the
>atmosphere) would be a little challenging even for those nasty boys like
>influenza viruses (but maybe you are telling us that they found *fossiles*
>of viruses?)
>3) Have you asked Dr. Quatermass what he thinks about that?
>BTW, try to support your conclusions with serious scientific data, at least
>with data that *sound* like serious. This is fiction (to be polite).

Why don't you simply consult the reference I gave?

Richard Milton               |
10 Pembury Road              | "Perfectly exact physics is not
Tonbridge, Kent TN9 2HX      |  so very exact, just as holy men
United Kingdom               |      are not so very holy."
Tel/Fax: 0732 353427         |
richard at milton.win-uk.net    |             Wilhelm Reich