help with skate enzymes

Rui Martins rmartins at uoguelph.ca
Fri Nov 3 00:31:48 EST 1995

i've been attempting to run enzyme cellulose acetate gels on skate tissue
for the last 6 weeks--very unsuccessfully i might add.  does anyone have
any advice to give?  we've played with temperature, pHs, buffers,
orientations, polarities, times...and we're simply at our wits' end.  we
recently rean a rainbow trout using the same method (reversing the
polarity--as we were advised to do in the literature) and it worked
beautifully.  any ideas? i'd appreciate them.  (here or at
rmartins at uoguelph.ca)