Prenatal diagnosis

Isida Maria Aparecida de Campos Souza isouza at
Wed Nov 8 07:54:05 EST 1995

My name is Isida Souza. I am postgraduation student and the subject of my
doctorate thesis is chromosomal mosaicism in chorionic villus sampling.
I would   like to discuss this subject with people who have quite a few
experience in this area. In my opinion everyboby who works with genetic
couselling and prenatal diagnosis should worry with this chromosomal
anomally. The main points that I would like to change informations are:
- the ethilogy of mosaicism considering the embryological origin of
chorionic villus;
- the main chromosomes involved in confined placental
mosaicism and true mosaicism;
- the role of sex chromosomes and marker chromosomes in mosaicism and its
meaning in the conceptus;
- aspects of genetic counselling when chromosomal mosaicism is detected
in prenatal diagnosis techniques especially chorionic villus sampling.

isouza at