Isoniazid

ron caseby, student RCASEBY at INETGW.CHICHESTER.AC.UK
Sat Nov 11 21:41:35 EST 1995

From: RONALD RODGER CASEBY,
10, LINCOLN GREEN, CHICHESTER, WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND.
PO19 4DN   U.K.   Telephone: 01243 785864

Subject: ISONIAZID.  16/10/95.

INTRODUCTION. I was given ISONIAZID, the anti-tubercular drug, in
Bangour  Hospital,  Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland,  from  June
1953  until August 1954.  I had been injured in a mining accident
on  18/02/53  and because of my weakened state  tuberculosis  at-
tacked  all my damaged areas from June 1953. ISONIAZID was  first
imported into the UK in mid-1953 and so I must have been  amongst
the first British patients to have been prescibe it.

When  my hospital treatment was finished I was only able  to  re-
start on light work from 05/11/56 and for the rest of my  working
life  because  I  had been unaccountably  disabled  by  weakened,
restricted  and painful hips, knees, left ankle, neck  and  right
shoulder joints, and also serious sight damage to my left eye.

REQUIRED URGENTLY PLEASE:
1. Name and address please of USA maker of, ISONIAZID.

2.  Any information about injuries caused to users  of  ISONIAZID
and  any  court, or out-of-court, damage case  settlements  known
about  with references, especially before and during 1953/54  and
dealing with loss of sight, constant ringing in the ears,  severe
headaches, or joint osteoporosis.

3.  Any information about reformulations of ISONIAZID after  1953
to reduce its strength or reported side-effects.

4. Failing any of the above then advice as to where the  informa-
tion I require may be found.

REASON FOR NEEDING THE INFORMATION: I may have a case to sue  the
manufacturer  of  the  anti-tubercular drug  ISONIAZID  which  is
thought to have permanently and almost totally damaged the  sight
of my left eye from about 01/01/1957.

I  only discovered that ISONIAZID was the cause of  my  blindness
and  that my life-long painful joint problems were due to  osteo-
porosis  in  June 1995. This was as the result  of  a  Industrial
Injuries Independent Medical Appeals Tribunal on 20/07/95. There-
fore  I still have three years to prepare a case against the  USA
company  that produced the drug I was given from June 1953  until
August  1954  following a mining accident. Is  it  possible  that
ISONIAZID was also responsible for this lifelong affliction?

My  legal adviser tells me that researching and finding out  what
other  cases  already settled in or out of court  throughout  the
world, and especially in America, would cost a small fortune  and
I would be best to forget the matter.

I  find it difficult to forget having had a useless left eye  and
troublesome joints for they have impaired every aspect of my life
and my employment prospects for over 42 years!

SO PLEASE HELP INTERNET AND PROVE THE LAWYERS WRONG?