Energy sources (Re: The Motives of Scientists)

jcwelch at jcwelch at
Fri Nov 10 13:28:01 EST 1995

David.Gunn at (David Gunn) wrote:

>OK.  How about.

>"Human society on planet earth needs to cut permanently the amount of
>greenhouse gases it puts into the atmosphere.   We should set a target for the
>stock of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.  Let us say that we want to reach a
>steady state of stock of carbon dioxide, back at the 1990 level.  To start
>doing this an additional sales tax of $3 per gallon needs to be introduced,
Do you know how many people in this country have GUNS?!!!
Anyone seriously sugesting this kind of a tax is out of thier fucking

Given that constraint, rational people are willing to listen to
rational suggestions.