cycloheximide drug sensitivity in bacteria

ChuCDJK chucdjk at
Mon Nov 13 18:48:38 EST 1995

Does anyone know anything about the gene encoding sensitivity to the drug
cycloheximide in bacteria?  Specifically, we need to know what bacterial
strains we can use.  Also, can the gene be found on the bacterial genome,
a plasmid, or both?  We are researching the randomness (or conversely, the
site-specificity) of phage insertion in bacteria, and are investigating
the loci of phage insertion by observing which genes have been
interrupted.  Please contact us at ChuCDJK at

Thanks in advance!

Chenghuan Chu and Melinda Lee