mitochondria, Kreb's cycle

Rafal Iwasiow riwasiow at chat.carleton.ca
Fri Nov 17 23:32:08 EST 1995

Desperate Biochemistry/Biotechnology student looking for an answer.

I'm hoping that this is a proper newsgroup to post this question, if
not please ignore.

I have been looking at the Kreb's cycle in the mitochondria isolated
from Mung bean seedlings.

Examining the system by observing the reduction of
2,6 dichlorophenolindophenol (DCPIP) by the NADH and FADH2 of the
Kreb's cycle I've run into problems of determing the influences of
some substances.

The influence of potassium cyanide (KCN) when introduced to the
system.  The addition of sodium succinate increased the reduction of
DCPIP and malonate decreased the reduction (although presently
uncertain why).

It is the influence of KCN that has me puzzled and I'm hoping someone
could possible direct me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

          //    =======   =======   =======    //       //
riwasiow at chat.carleton.ca
http://chat.carleton.ca/~riwasiow  (link to the confederation connection)