cutting boards, bacteria

Brother Bob Wiethorn brobob at rcinet.com
Mon Nov 20 09:53:40 EST 1995

I am a high school student trying to gather information on my science project.
 My experiment is to determine whether plastic or wooden cutting boards harbor
the most bacteria.  Plastic was favored in the past.  After an experiment in a
Wisconsin university wood was favored.  This university proposed that natural
enzymes kill the bacteria or that spores absorb it.  Also, cut grooves make
plastic more difficult to clean than wood.  If you know of any other
experiments performed of if you have more information on this subject please
send me something at this E-Mail address brobob at rcinet.com
Thanks in advance,

Alicia