Fructose Compounding

Leslie Hilbert lhilbert at harrier.csrv.uidaho.edu
Tue Nov 21 16:30:45 EST 1995

Please forgive me if you find this post to be a waste of your time and of
bandwith....I just didn't know where else to go....

A friend of mine ahs been taken in by a company that sells nutritional
supplements and one of their "premier" products is a mineral supplement
consists of minerals "bonded" to fructose molecules.  The rational is
that since fructose is easily absorbed into the blood stream these bonded
minerals will be too.

He excitedly told me about the product because my undergrad included work
in human nutrition..... I'm quite sure this is simple bs, but I don't
know a simple and polite way to explain to him that what the company says
is pretty much hogwash.

Any help?

Les