1 Brown/1 Blue eye

David Curtis dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 27 05:55:52 EST 1995

>I have a student who has one beautiful brown eye, and one beautiful blue
>eye.  Do any of you know the genetic/molecular mechanism behind this
>phenomenon?  Any idea how common it is?  I would appreciate any
>information, or references.

The molecular genetics of beauty, eh? Tricky one, that...

I believe that work is under way to use brain-imaging techniques to
investigate the mechanisms underlying aesthetic experience - the
perception of beauty. Maybe you could volunteer as a subject for that?

Dave Curtis (dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk)
Institute of Psychiatry, London
http://www.iop.bpmf.ac.uk/home/depts/psychmed/general/dcurtis/dcurtis.htm