PLEASE HELP!!!need info on the lux operon in bacteria!!!

Keith Robison robison at
Tue Nov 28 10:02:13 EST 1995

Kenneth K. Lee (kklee at wrote:
: Hi, this is Margaret.

: please write to:
: 	kklee at

: if you have any information whatsoever on the lux operon...I have searched everywhere,but could not find information
: on that particular operon which makes e. coli glow in the dark...

: Please help...I am a junior in highschool and really
: need this information A.S.A.P. for a lab report.

You can find tons of information in the sequence databases.
Entrez is a particularly nice way to look around

Good luck

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI