Need info: ACH receptor conformation!

Jeremy Hamlet Bremen n9343104 at beaker.cc.wwu.edu
Wed Nov 29 23:08:53 EST 1995

	Greetings!  I need any information anyone can give me on the
folowing question:  How does the binding of one acetylcholine molecule
to its post-synaptic membrane receptor change the conformation of that
receptor to improve the binding affinity of a second acetylcholine
molecule to the same receptor protein?  In other words, how do the beta/
gamma/delta helices of the pentameric receptor protein change
conformation to improve the binding coefficient of acetylcholine?
	Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

					Peter Smalley
					Biochemistry student,
					Western Washington University,
					Bellingham, Washington, USA

    "Quare tristis es anima mea, et quare conturbas me?"