Life Duty Death

Marty G. Price mprice at Ra.MsState.Edu
Wed Oct 4 08:48:45 EST 1995

On 4 Oct 1995, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> ::                                                      ^^^^^
> :: Direct lie.  No "cities on demand."  No cities---rural Nevada.
> ::
>
> He said 'cites on demand', NOT 'cities on demand', ie if you asked him
> for a cite (shorthand for CITATION) for his statement, he would give
>  you one!  Somehow I think remedial reading lessons are in order...

To Mr. Metcalf only:  "Cite" is not a noun meaning "citation."  It is not
a noun at all.  Go buy a dictionary before you shout crap about "remedial
reading."

Now, to the point at issue:  sorry, Joseph, I misread.  Subconsciously
turned "cites" into a word.  No one spells on this thing, and I guess
subconscious "corrections" have become automatic.

You're right; not a lie at all.  Not convincing evidence of
anything---predominant Mormon population who don't consume the
carcinogens many of the rest of us do (from cigarette smoke to such mild
carcinogens as caffeine).  Also, sparsely populated southern Nevada,
Utah, etc. aren't great places to gather a significant statistical sample.
(Not to mention, I would probably be exposed to fewer toxic agents in
irradiated southern Nevada than in, say, the Lake Charles, Louisiana
petro-chemical belt.)

I don't need the citation list; I have no reason to think I could offer
better data.