GDB 6.0 Draft Schema Available for Public comment

GDB User Support help at
Fri Oct 6 08:17:52 EST 1995

Draft Schema for Genome Data Base Version 6.0 Available for Public Comment

	The Genome Data Base is seeking feedback from the community
on the proposed schema for version 6.0 of the database.  GDB V6 is a radical
redesign of the database which includes an enhanced map representation,
support for direct community submission and curation of data, and other
improvements, all based on an object-oriented data model.

	All interested members of the genome community are encouraged to
view the schema on GDB's World Wide Web server ( The
GDB 6.0 Draft Schema is available in PostScript format under GDB Future Plans.
We would be extremely grateful for any feedback on this design, both positive
and negative, no matter how minor.

	All comments received up to October 31st will be considered prior
to the final implementation of the 6.0 release.  All feedback received after
the date will still be used, but will not be implementable until the 6.1
release (or later).  We plan to make such a public comment period a regular
feature of our future development schedules.  Please let us know what you

	All schema comments should be sent to the e-mail address
schema at  All general GDB inquiries, as always, should be directed to
help at