Interviews for Grad Students

Fri Oct 6 23:06:19 EST 1995

On Thu, 5 Oct 1995, Sami Kohan wrote:

> Someone told me that if you get invited on an interview, the program pays
> for your airfare and lodging which struck me as a little too generous.
> Anyone know the scoop?

Be sure to get this confirmed from the secretary of the
Department inviting you BEFORE you book the trip.
Apart from local 1-days trips it is highly unethical
to invite anyone for an interview without paying expenses.
Only cheap tricksters can cheat you on this and it is
highly unlikely they will be serious about hiring you
if they refuse to pay travel expenses. Don't waste time
on them if this is the case.
Alex Berezin