? re reference software

cotegl at ncaur1.ncaur.gov cotegl at ncaur1.ncaur.gov
Tue Oct 10 09:27:04 EST 1995

In article <DG7IK1.DG2 at midway.uchicago.edu>,
kelly at hearts.bsd.uchicago.edu says...

>We currently use Papyrus, which is a DOS-based reference/citation
>program.  I have found it relatively easy to use and it has been
>capable of doing what I need it to do.  I have not used End-Note,
>but have noticed advertisements which state that there is a
>Windows-based version.  I am also aware of Reference Manager,
>another DOS-based program.
>
>-Kelly
>
>I have tried Papyrus, Pro-Cite, and Reference Manager, and finally
settled on Reference Manager as the most flexible and powerful for my
needs.  I am using the Windows version now, but as far as I know, it is
still available in a DOS version.  Check with RIS, who makes
Reference Manager; they will probably be able to send you a demo disk.

(Disclaimer: This only reflects my personal opinion and does not imply
endorsement or recommendation by the USDA or US gov't. over other
manufacturers or brands, etc. etc.)