Rejected bionet. postings: double standards

grenard at herpmed.com grenard at herpmed.com
Mon Oct 9 23:33:15 EST 1995

I am posting this inquiry here at the suggestion of Una Smith:
I just received a note from the "BIOSCIAdministrator" rejecting my post for announcing
a new website where researchers can find very difficult to locate venoms, fractions and
subfractions which are needed in many important ongoing research applications. It was
characterized as an "ad." I was perturbed by this since I am constantly treated to
spams such as Free Cable-TV and people selling magazine subscriptions on these groups.
This was a legitimate post containing information of great value to bio researchers
who would be interested in the existence of these substances.

What I would like to know is why a relevant post like this is rejected and posts like
Free Cable-TV Send me a Dollar are allowed to get through? DO I have to know somebody?
Or do I have to resort to some nefarious method to make a legitimate post that these
spammers use?

Steve Grenard
grenard at herpmed.com
http://www.xmission.com/~gastown/herpmed/