Interviews for Grad Students

glover martin gwmartin at scunix4.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 11 22:44:34 EST 1995

(G. Cote) (cotegl at ncaur1.ncaur.gov) wrote:
: In article <skohan-0510951622410001 at ts23-10.wla.ts.ucla.edu>,
: skohan at ucla.edu says...
: >
: >Someone told me that if you get invited on an interview, the program
: pays
: >for your airfare and lodging which struck me as a little too generous.
: >Anyone know the scoop?

It depends on your field of study and on the particular program.  I know
that when I applied to graduate school and went on interviews (6 of em) I
didn't pay for anything, and I'm in molecular biology.  But my good
friend, who is in history, had a hard time finding money to go visit places.

You just have to ask around.  It may also depend on how badly they want you.

Trei