Mammalian phylogeny

Gary Williams gwilliam at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 05:18:09 EST 1995

In article <45ggp5$r5a at obelix.cica.es>,
Miguel Burgos Poyatos <mburgos at platon> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am interested in mammalian phylogeny, spacially in relation to
>the relative position of primates, insectivores, quiroptera and
>rodents. Some literature references wil be very acknowledged.
>Thanks in advance for replaying.

You might be interested in look at the Tree of Life WWW site by David R.
Maddison and Wayne P.  Maddison , University of Arizona on:

http://phylogeny.arizona.edu/tree/phylogeny.html

To quote this page:
"The Tree of Life is a system designed to contain information about the
phylogenetic relationships of organisms, to link biological information
available on the Internet in the form of a phylogenetic navigator, and
to illustrate the diversity and unity of groups of living organisms.

"We hope that this system will provide a map to biological information
that can be used by researchers, teachers, and students, and that, as it
grows, it will provide a forum for those who wish to share knowledge
about the diversity of earth's organisms."

--
GARY WILLIAMS,  Internet: G.Williams at HGMP.MRC.AC.UK        Tel: 01223 494522
Computing Services, HGMP Resource Centre,