Martti Tolvanen tolvanen at
Tue Oct 17 04:51:46 EST 1995

In <45ueob$3f5 at> chandu at (Chandra Sekar Ramanathan) writes:

>    I would like have information on the genes that heve been patented so far and its
>    commercial implication.  For example, the information like Amgen bought the
>    obesity gene patent for approximately $20 million. I would highly appreciate
>    if you can give some details like the above example.

Check out the following text in WWW:

It tells you where to make searches of patent abstract information in the
near future. There used to be a full-text search for US patents, too, but
the site is closed now.

Martti.Tolvanen at Dept. of Biosciences, Univ. Helsinki, Finland
For more info: finger tolvanen at