A left handed cat?

Pascal Scheffers pscheffers at flevoland.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 19 13:13:23 EST 1995

Hello John!

Wednesday October 18 1995 15:48, jstub at fox.nstn.ns.ca wrote to All:

 j> A question came up in my biology class today. "Do animals (I'll
 j> restrict it to mammals) show a preference to which *hand*  they use?"
 j> Experimental references would be appreciated.
Yes, they do. Most mammals with a fairly complex brain show handedness, this is
not restricted to animals that actualy have hands. This has to do with the
nonsymetrical left/right devision funtionality of the cortex. The right
hemisfere may contain mostly language abilities, the left mainly logic
thinking. etcetera.
I don't know any references, but any little bit 'advanced' neurosciences book
should have something written about it. (and references in it).

Pascal Scheffers                       pscheffers at flevoland.xs4all.nl
                                             P.R.Scheffers at med.ruu.nl

... Love is of chemistry, sex is of physics.
|                      RBBS Flevoland Internet Gateway                   |
| RBBS Flevoland, Almere-Stad, The Netherlands +31-36-5363720 ZyXEL 19k2 |
| fax +31-36-5363720                           +31-36-5367160 V34 28k8   |
| Member of Team-OS/2, 7 cdrom's online        +31-36-5360688 ISDNC 64k  |