A left handed cat?

Pascal Scheffers pscheffers at flevoland.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 19 13:13:23 EST 1995

Hello John!

Wednesday October 18 1995 15:48, jstub at fox.nstn.ns.ca wrote to All:

 j> A question came up in my biology class today. "Do animals (I'll
 j> restrict it to mammals) show a preference to which *hand*  they use?"
 j> Experimental references would be appreciated.
Yes, they do. Most mammals with a fairly complex brain show handedness, this is
not restricted to animals that actualy have hands. This has to do with the
nonsymetrical left/right devision funtionality of the cortex. The right
hemisfere may contain mostly language abilities, the left mainly logic
thinking. etcetera.
I don't know any references, but any little bit 'advanced' neurosciences book
should have something written about it. (and references in it).

Pascal Scheffers                       pscheffers at flevoland.xs4all.nl
                                      http://huizen.dds.nl/~majestic/
                                             P.R.Scheffers at med.ruu.nl

... Love is of chemistry, sex is of physics.
|                      RBBS Flevoland Internet Gateway                   |
| RBBS Flevoland, Almere-Stad, The Netherlands +31-36-5363720 ZyXEL 19k2 |
| fax +31-36-5363720                           +31-36-5367160 V34 28k8   |
| Member of Team-OS/2, 7 cdrom's online        +31-36-5360688 ISDNC 64k  |