genome differences man-monkey

Lombard FranCois lombardf at uni2a.unige.ch
Sat Oct 21 04:51:17 EST 1995

A high school student of mine asks me to post this question :

How different are the human and monkey (macaque ?) genome ?
Would it be possible to change the DNA of the monkey so as to make a man
out of an ape ?
What are the possibilities and hopes, and risks.

Evidently I do have *some* of the answers, but it is important for this
study to get many opinions, info sources etc. And external info I s
welcome in ths school system here

Any info pointer relating to this question is welcome

lombardf at uni2a.unige.ch

Centre Informatique Pedagogique
2-4 Th. de Beze /CP3144 /CH 1211 Geneve 3/ Switzerland