Survey: Teachers' use of networks in teaching

Brian W Rigatti bwrst1+ at pitt.edu
Sun Oct 29 18:22:05 EST 1995

Fellow Science Teachers:

I am a graduate student at the University of Pittsburgh working
towards my Master's degree in science education.  As part of my
thesis, I am looking at the way that secondary science teachers use
computer networks to aid in their teaching.  I am also interested
in what type of factors influence the use of the networks (ie, type
of school, socio-economic factors of the district, etc.).  Attached
below is a survey that I constructed (based on a similar study by
Hadley and Sheingold, 1993, Am. J. Ed., 101, p. 261-315) to help me
address this issue.  I would greatly appreciate your responses to
the survey.  Completed surveys can be returned to me two ways:

     1.   By Emailing the completed survey to me:
               bwrst1+ at pitt.edu

     2.   By U.S. Postal Service:
               Brian Rigatti
               735 Ninth Avenue
               Brackenridge, PA  15014
               USA

The survey should take about twenty minutes, or less, to complete.
I am hoping to get all the responses before Thanksgiving break
(Wednesday, November 22, 1995) so that I can analyze the data
during the recess.  I thank you in advance for you help and
cooperation with my project.

Sincerely,

Brian W. Rigatti

Cut Below This line

                             Survey

I.   Background Information:

     The following information will be used only to compare
     demographics of the different types of school districts and
     their uses of computer systems and online services.