Wood Worms?

John Skilton skilton at ssnet.com
Sun Oct 29 23:01:09 EST 1995

I just noticed some little creatures living in my firewood pile.  They look
like tiny worms - no more than 1/2 inch in length - and they've bored little
holes in the pieces of wood.  Someone told me they may be "wood worms", but
I've never heard of such a thing.

Does anyone know anything about the existence of wood worms?  Is there a
product on the market that will kill them without making my firewood toxic
when it burns?  Will the upcoming cold weather and frost kill them?  Any
insights would be appreciated.

 J O H N   S K I L T O N                     Bear, Delaware
E-Mail:                                   skilton at ssnet.com
Personal WWW:        http://www.ssnet.com/~skilton/jms.html
Baseball Links: http://www.ssnet.com/~skilton/baseball.html