Rainbow trout?

Alan Lyons lyons at cellt.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 09:48:08 EST 1995

I am looking for any references to a classification of the rainbow trout
as "parasalmo mykiss". This appears to be a hybrid classification between
the old "salmo gairdneri Rich" and the current oncorhynchus mykiss" which
was used by I.J DeMoor  & M.N. Bruton in a report  for the conservation of
Nature in South Africa  in 1988 entitled "An atlas of alien and
translocated aquatic animals in South Africa".
   DAVID HOWAT

   \\    //         care of               \\    //
    \\  //  Email  lyons at cellt.demon.co.uk \\  //
      ||        Tel.   01753 534655          ||
      ||        Fax.   01753 536632          ||
      ||      Celltech Therapeutics plc.     ||